Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday, Friday

We haven't done a whole lot today. We spent the morning waiting for my piano to be delivered. So Exciting!! A little back story on the piano. SIL bought it for me while I was in college. I had to practice for hours and hours, and I loved it. We lived with her for a little while before moving to Memphis. The piano was moved into her house for what was supposed to be a couple of weeks, and turned into 4 years. So, after all this time she had it moved here to our house. She is beyond generous for doing this for us, and I am so thankful. Yes, God has really blessed me with wonderful in-laws!

This was Ethan last night. He loves to look at this book, and he is getting pretty good at pointing out the pictures I ask him about. He will sit in my lap and we go over them for awhile.

And this is Ethan's typical morning. This was Nathaniel's waffle. Ethan was up first and had already ate a whole bowl of oatmeal. Nathaniel tried to fight him off, but Ethan was persistent and won the waffles. He used to wait until Nathaniel was finished and steal the leftovers, but today he just stole them right away. Silly boy!(yes, I did make Nathaniel another plate:)

Watching Curious George together. They always make me laugh. Nathaniel was pretending that remote was a train, and acting out the movie with it. 

Playing on the piano right after it was delivered. This is a spot I made for it in our dining room. I was a little worried about how it might look there, but I think it looks great now! I am just so happy to have it here!

We typically go to Chik Fil A at least once a week for lunch. The boys like to play there, and it's just a nice place to be. I completely forgot that it was Cow Appreciation Day. I'm sad we weren't dressed up, but we still had a good time. Thanks to Cat and Reilly for going with us. Note: We always go to the CFA on Poplar across from Kirby Woods. Not only do they have the most young kid friendly play area, but it is also the cleanest. The owner actually came up to me once and talked about how much they clean it. He said his wife always wished for clean play areas for their kids when they were young, and he promised her that they would do that here. It just made me feel good, and you can really tell a difference between this one and others. 

Now the boys are napping, and I need to actually get some work done around the house. Hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments: