Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday Funday

Usually Thursdays are our big days for fun. I'm supposedly done with all the housecleaning for the week, and we are ready to get out! Well, this morning started off a little rough to say the least. Typically Nathaniel wakes up at some early time, but he will get in the recliner and sleep a little longer. I don't mind that at all. I have my alarm set for 5:30-6 in hopes of waking up before the boys and having a nice quiet time. Lord help us on the days that doesn't happen, and sadly this was one of them. I heard Nathaniel crying before 6. Assuming that the door accidentally got shut to their room(he and Ethan share), I ran up the stairs to get him out before he woke Ethan up. Well, the door was open, and he was just crying because he could not find growlers. By this time Ethan was awake, and I'm getting upset. I find growlers and send Nathaniel out of the room, and then find Ethan's paci and cover him back up. I think he went back to sleep, but Nathaniel kept crying. He wouldn't tell me what he wanted, and I wasn't the nicest mommy that early in the morning before my quiet time. I eventually got him to settle down and we went on with our morning. Looking back, it wasn't a horrible morning, but it sure did feel like it at the time. By the time we got breakfast and everything done I knew we had to get out of the house, so to the playground we went.
Here are some pictures of our morning which turned into a pretty fun day.

We met up with our good friends Sean and Andrea. I am so thankful for them because I would probably never be brave enough to get out otherwise. Ha. These three are going to be best friends!

 The only way Nathaniel will swing.

 Sweet brothers.
 Nathaniel loves this one. 

 Ethan loves to slide!

And he took it upon himself to dry off all the slides. Ha!

After some playtime we headed over to story time at the library. I used to take Ethan while Nathaniel was in school. He didn't always do great, and honestly story time stresses me out! I decided the boys might do ok today, and I thought Nathaniel would really enjoy it. He did, but I was stressed trying to keep them seated. Nathaniel was actually doing so great until another boy pulled out a train. There is just no controlling him when something like that happens. 

 A little reading time since we got there too early. 

My sweet boy.

 Love this!

And this!

We came home, had lunch, watched a little tv. Now Ethan is snoozing away, and Nathaniel is still awake even though he woke up so early this morning. Good times, good times.

I'm editing to say that we also had a great time at the park yesterday with some new friends. It was hot, but the boys had a great time, and they both napped. I just wasn't on my game enough to get pictures of it. Next time for sure!

1 comment:

ainmemphis said...

I believe with more practice story time will go smoother. It really was not bad, we just got there too early. We sure are glad we have you guys too!