Wednesday, June 26, 2013

4 Months!

Miss Kara is 4 months old today. I know all babies grow fast, but seriously, how can she already be 4 months old?!!  I just want her to stay a baby forever. I'm only kind of kidding. 

At 4 months, Kara is still the best baby. She has been great this whole time. By far my easiest baby, and I did not think the boys were difficult. She is just sweet, happy, content. We can take her anywhere, and she does great. 

She goes to St. Jude with me and Ethan every week. She is very popular there, and there is usually a crowd of nurses to argue over who gets to hold her while I take care of Ethan. :) She doesn't know any difference. I do think it will be fun taking her in a few more months when she is really mobile. I think she is going to learn a lot of compassion and many other lessons from being there, and I plan to keep taking her. As a side note, I did take Nathaniel with me up until Kara was born. He was good, and he liked going. But there came a point when I could tell he didn't like being there anymore. He would get really upset about Ethan crying, and try his best to protect his brother. He started acting out, and I think it was his way of dealing with all emotions surrounding what we were going through. He is much happier now having a play day, and a break from the constant reminder that Ethan is sick. 

Back to Kara. :) She weighs 15 lbs, 12 oz, and is 24 1/2 inches long. She has came a long ways from the 6 lbs that she started out at! Dr. Seigel just went on and on about how great she is. She did not fuss at all during her check up. She is just a happy girl! God knew was He was doing when He blessed us with her. 

She is still having only breastmilk for food. We could start solids anytime in the next couple of months, but I am in no rush. Honestly, breastfeeding is the lazy way for me. I don't like worrying about making and washing bottles. We just go with it. I don't know exactly how often she eats, but she has spread out feedings, and things are definitely much easier. She has been a great nurser the whole time though. 

She can roll from stomach to back. I think it's pretty impressive since she is rarely in the floor. It's too dangerous with brothers running around! Ha! I usually try to give her some floor time in the evenings. 

She is grabbing and holding toys. It's so sweet to see how much she has developed this skill in just the past few weeks. She has one crinkle book that she just loves. I am working on going through the attic and bringing out all the toys she will need when she starts sitting. 

She sleeps great at night, and still sleeps quite a bit during the day. I usually don't wake her much because I can get more done with the boys while she is sleeping. :) She does stay up really late at night! I think it's genetic though, and she gets it from her dad. Plus it's her alone time with us. 

Kara loves her big brothers!! They can make her smile anytime. Nathaniel is constantly asking to hold her. Ethan is her protector. He always tells me if Nathaniel is getting too close. He always makes sure that we are bringing her with us, and that no one is taking her away. He was not happy about me taking her to the doctor yesterday. I'm so thankful they love her so much! 

I think that is just about everything that is going on with her. I wish she would stop growing, but I am looking forward to all the exciting changes coming up. I love my little girl!




No comments: