Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday ramblings

Stefan has been teaching some night classes at work, and that leaves me and the kiddos with some really long days. I have a tendency to dread these days. They can be really long! But I'm learning to just enjoy the time I have with these babies. You never know when something might change your whole world in an instant, and it's really important to make the best of each day. I have by no means perfected this, but today was really great.

We got out of the house this morning and made a quick Target run. The boys are really at an age where going to the store isn't too bad. They both walk with me pretty well. Kara is still young enough where she stays in a carrier on my chest. I'm sure we are a sight to see, but it works! We always get tons of comments on how busy life must be with three. Some are genuinely nice, but some people just look at me like I'm crazy. I have definitely noticed a difference in the way people notice 3 kids versus 2. Why is this??

We came and put away groceries and I cleaned the kitchen. I really did not spend my whole day cleaning. It is so tempting to do that! I'm learning that a clean house really is not important. Our house looks like children live here, and that is how it should look. Oh how I struggle with this though! I know that I still spend too much time worrying about how my house is never clean. Some day I will be able to clean it again, and then I will be wishing that I had sweet young ones to be around messing it up!


 We spent some quality time on the couch. 


I love the red bird photobomb. :)



 This afternoon we baked some cookies. Nathaniel did some school work. Kara and Ethan napped. It was time for baths and bed before I knew it.


 Kara snuggled with mommy. 


Now they are all sleeping, and I need to clean and be ready to do it all again tomorrow. :-)

2 comments:

The Hecks said...

I understand the cleaning thing! I always feel like I need to keep the house up but know the time spent with the babies is so much more important...it's a daily struggle for me!

Katherine said...

I so feel you! I am far from conquering it.