Sunday, August 17, 2008

Surprise and Relief

We told the church that we were leaving today, and there was no reaction. A few people that we know were sad that it worked out this way, and those are the people that we will really miss. I'm not saying that they all had to be really upset about us leaving, but we at least expected them to be surprised. There was just no reaction at all. Overall the announcement went well. We know that the youth have never given us a chance, and there are so many factors that contributed to that. So many thoughts are going through my head about what we have learned in the past few months, but it would be wrong to say everything. There are so many issues that Stefan and I are still finding out about this church. It makes me sick to think about everything.

The packing is going well. We are almost finished, and we don't move until Thursday. It feels good to be ahead of schedule, but this week is still going to be very busy. I can't wait to be in our apartment. It is going to have brand new carpet and tile. I am ready to decorate, and make it feel like home. God has really worked the timing out for us, and I am so thankful for everything he has done for my family. My husband will start his new job in September. It is going to be great.

No comments: