Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day!

We had a nice relaxing Memorial Day. I did absolutely no cleaning the whole day. It was nice, but I had to make up for it today. I have wanted to head over to JoAnns Fabric for awhile so Stefan agreed to watch Nathaniel, and Ethan and I headed out for a little shopping trip. Nathaniel woke up pretty early and it wasn't long before he fell asleep in the recliner. Stefan really lucked out on that one! I didn't really find what I wanted in JoAnns, but we did by some cups from BabiesRUs. My big project this week is getting Ethan to use a cup.

Ethan and I made it back home in time to have lunch, then we headed out for some pool time.
Ethan really loved the new pool.

He has the cutest face in this picture!

Nathaniel did not want to get in. I have no idea why because he loves water.

He did enjoy fishing in the pool. And yes, I got in with Ethan after these pictures. :)

I found out later about member's night at the zoo. I really wanted to let Nathaniel experience the free rides. We never made to the rides, but he did get one round on the carousel. He always wants to ride, but then he is kind of scared when they start moving. He had a great time playing in the sprinklers by Teton Trek.

The cats are his absolute favorite!

He was not thrilled to be on there. It did provide shelter from the short rain shower though. 

Here is where the real fun was. Yes, we use a leash because he is a runner, and we would not be able to handle him without it.

He had so much fun running through the water!

He wasn't scared of all the bigger kids at all. Unfortunately, he loved the water so much that he threw the biggest fit ever when we were leaving. It was so embarrassing! All we knew to do was keep heading to the car, and try to ignore all the stares.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend. I know what you mean about the tantrums. I put my head down and keep walking.