Sunday, April 25, 2010

Eight Months

Ethan, you are eight months old today. I truly can't comprehend how fast the past eight months have flown by, and how much joy you have brought to our family.

What are you up to these days?

You have your first bruises on your forehead from pulling up. It breaks my heart each time you fall, but you always recover so fast.  You have been pulling up for about a month now, and are starting to cruise the coffee table. You are also an expert at tearing apart the train table, and getting Nathaniel's toys.

You are always moving, and it takes all my energy to keep you out of trouble. I spend a lot of time trying to keep you safe. You always seem to be able to get into things you shouldn't have. Your Nana has always joked that you will be more trouble than your big brother. I'm starting to believe she might be right. haha

You have been eating solid food for a couple of months now. You like squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots. The green veggies are not your favorite so far. We let you have some pumpkin n pears food the other day, and it was by far your favorite. You just could not get enough of it. It just shows even more that you belong in this pumpkin loving family. You are still nursing every few hours right now. I love the closeness we have during mealtimes. 

Each month that goes by brings us a little closer to your birthday. Sometimes I wish that I could slow down time so you never have to turn one.  It is truly a blessing from God that you share a birthday with your Granddaddy. It will be a wonderful day of celebration of your life, but I know that I will also be a little sad thinking about your Granddad, and wishing he were here with us on that day. Your Granddad loved you so much, and was overjoyed that you were born on his birthday. I do wish he could have shared it with you for a long time, but we just thank God for the time that you did share together. I hope you always know how special you and your big brother are to me.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

this is so sweet. :)