Thursday, April 29, 2010

Great day!

I really didn't start this day off thinking it would be that great. I think Ethan is finally teething because he hasn't been sleeping well the past few nights.  I did my normal morning stuff, got Nathaniel some breakfast, and sat down at the computer to check Facebook while I ate breakfast.

I started talking on Facebook chat with a girl from our church. We are in the same Sunday School, but Stefan and I haven't been going very long and don't know anyone yet. I was so happy that we started talking. She and her husband are the only other couple in the class with a baby, and they are actually close to our age. Stefan and I have been struggling to find a church with people our age in it since we have lived in Memphis.

I talked to her about how I feel stuck at the house most of the time. She is the opposite and loves to get out. She invited me to a children's rummage sale with one of her friends. I was a little scared to go at first because I didn't figure Nathaniel would act very well. After talking to her for awhile I decided it was a good idea to at least go and meet a new friend. I'm so glad I went because I had a great time. We got to talk quite a bit, and the boys both acted really well. I had Ethan in the mei tai, and Nathaniel in the stroller. Her friend was wearing her six month old in an Action Baby Carrier. I was beyond excited to find another mother that likes to babywear. I feel like I actually have some mommy friends to hang out with now, and we are even going to another sale tomorrow. I also managed to get Dr. Sears discipline book for $3. I plan on reading it very soon in hopes to somehow get Nathaniel more under control.

I also got my birthday present from my sister-in-law in the mail today. She usually just sends money, but this year she sent me some Vera Bradley stuff. I'm not exactly sure how she knew I was planning to use the money for more Vera Bradley stuff, but it's really cool. She sent me the flat iron case, and ID zip case in the java blue print. She also sent some Vera Bradley flip flops, and I have to say they are pretty comfy.

A quick update on potty training
Nathaniel has learned faster than I ever imagined he could. He is completely trained at home. He doesn't need me to remind him to go or anything. He is staying dry through his naps, and most nights. He even manged to stay dry during the two outings we have had this week. Now I just need to work on getting him to use the regular potty in hopes that he will use public restrooms when needed.

I don't have many plans for the rest of the day. I need to clean the kitchen and start dinner before long. I am trying a new recipe tonight, and really hoping it turns out great. It's called Cheesy Bacon Hashbrown Bake. Just the title is enticing enough for me. No pictures today, but I am really working on taking more, and using them more in the blog.

No comments: