Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just some stuff

The past couple of days have seemed crazy. Yesterday started off with a quick filling at the dentist. I dropped the boys off with a lady we know from Mid-America around 9, and I was back before 10. They actually used a laser for the filling. It was completely painless, and took around 5 minutes. No shots only a bad taste from the stuff they used for the filling. When I picked up the boys I stayed we stayed and visited for a little while. I am usually pretty isolated most of the time, so I love to visit. 

I had Nathaniel wearing a pull-up during the morning because I didn't want to inconvenience someone who was doing me a favor with potty training. I thought for sure he would be wet when we got home, but to my amazement he was dry and asked to use the potty. He really is doing great with potty training now. It's hard to believe two weeks ago I thought he would never be trained. The rest of the day went pretty smooth. I did some cleaning, took a quick nap, and had dinner ready when Stefan got home. I stayed up late talking a wonderful lady on facebook. It was the highlight of my day, and so worth the loss of sleep.

Today has been the most productive day I have had in forever. I started by cleaning the kitchen and actually mopping the floor. Ethan was happy to ride on my back while I did all this. Then I managed to get the 1/2 bath clean and floor mopped in there. The boys were nice enough to play while I worked on that project. Then we went upstairs and cleaned the playroom. It looks a hundred times better in there, and the boys play so much better when there are only a few toys out. While Ethan took a morning nap I decided to move the bed in our room. This goes back to my need for regular change. I was also hoping that moving the bed would inspire me to get the room finally cleaned up. The master bedroom is our catch all room, and it really shouldn't be. I'm hoping to get another bookshelf for in there, and then the room will look pretty good. 

After all my hard work I tried to get a quick nap whiles the boys took their afternoon nap, but it just didn't happen today. I took the time to make a nice dinner, but it was a complete fail. I had everything ready only to find out that he had to work an hour late. Let's just say this didn't make me very happy, and I have been feeling pretty under appreciated. Stefan didn't even notice that I have done any cleaning. 

Sorry for such a boring post. On a good note, my friend and I are starting a new blog project that I am really excited about. We basically just want to put something out there to really encourage mothers. We are still mainly in the planning stages, but I think it is going to grow into something great. 

Here are a couple pictures from today. Ethan was being such a cutie. There are no recent pictures of Nathaniel because he doesn't like to wear clothes these days. haha


Sorry for the bad quality, they were phone pics.

No comments: